• basmati@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          14 hours ago

A lot more than there are people willing to run for those positions, which is part of the problem. The other part is that it’s never good enough for you people. “The greens should start small run for local office.” They run more candidates for local office than all other third parties combined. Maybe, just maybe, the corporate lies you people repeat without thought nor pause are lies you can learn to live without.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            14 hours ago

What does not being able to find the people willing to join your party and run for office tell you about your party?

• basmati@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              14 hours ago

You read the exact opposite of the meaning there. There are more positions in government than people willing to run for them period. There are more funded candidates that get a salary from their political party to hold an office, but the vast majority of elected government positions are held by people without a party, because quite frankly political parties are stupid, worthless, and inherently anti democratic.

I’m sorry you hate local government, and I’m sorry you’re ignorant about how politics work outside the pointless sideshow that happens every four years, but that does not mean the greens don’t have a proven track record of getting into office.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                14 hours ago

I’m sorry you hate local government, and I’m sorry you’re ignorant about how politics work outside the pointless sideshow that happens every four years

And now you’re telling lies about me. I have no idea why, but I have no interest in talking to liars. Goodbye.

• lengau@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        14 hours ago

They have one example in Michigan (where I live), and he ran unopposed for trustee in Fenton Township.

Michigan has 1,240 Townships, 257 villages and 276 cities, and the greens have managed to get one position in one Township by running someone unopposed. Even the Libertarians have done better, as Wikipedia points out four current libertarian office holders in Michigan.

• basmati@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          14 hours ago

Or in reality, greens have more people in office than libertarians, but more importantly that candidate was not run, he ran as a registered member. You can do the same right now. I guarantee there are ten dozen empty local government positions with 100 miles of you right now.