cross-posted from: https://forum.stellarcastle.net/post/6500

There’s contention within the diablo 4 community right now seemingly by two camps of players: the ones that immerse into their characters and want more commitment into their choices, and the other camp who want to slay hordes of demons with little to obstruction or disruption to that gameplay loop.

I am curious as to what your thoughts on the obstacle leveling brings and what meaning it has that is separate from other obstacles that take up time, like the current respec implementation as well as the soon-to-be trivialized nightmare dungeon hopping?

For honesty, I’ve been completely against the push for trivializing these things as I am a type of player that likes their verisimilitude within the games they play, especially those with the “RPG” acronym somewhere in its genre, no matter how light.

I’m struggling to find why one is okay yet the others are not, and I’m looking for a healthy discussion.

Edit: if you can’t comment due to language settings PM me and let me know!

• fodder69@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

undefined> but I’m already starting to feel like some of these time consuming processes have been put in just for this reason

Yes