I don’t know how many people in this sub/magazine/community would consider themselves experts in the realm of retro handhelds, but I suspect the average knowledge here is a bit higher than “the old place”. But, as more and more users migrate (fingers crossed!), I thought it might be a good idea to have a space where users can post what device(s) they have. Other users can ask their opinions on their devices or other more technical questions.

Sure, there is a lot of information already out there, but there is frequently more to a handheld than just the specs. Comfort is a big issue, support is another, and these and other issues may be hard to quantify just off of a few popular YouTubers reviews.

I’m hopeful this, or some other post like this, could become a safe haven to just ask questions directly to people that own and have used their device for a good period of time.

First, I’d like to offer some great info that I refer to quite frequently!

Spreadsheet of all current/upcoming emulation handhelds

Retrosizer - This web site allows you to view the sizes of many retro handhelds. Make sure your browser is at 100% view size, to get actual device sizes on your screen

Secondly (and finally), my devices are: RG280v, RG351v, Retroid Pocket 2+, Retroid Flip, PlayDate, Miyoo Mini Plus, Logitech G Cloud, AYN Odin Base, and Steam Deck.

• Gorroth@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I own a Retroid Pocket 3+, Anbernic RG351M/P and Nintendo Switch/3DS/New 3DS/2DS XL (all CFW)