link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 days ago

Ah yes, the mod of News that supports a genocidal apartheid government.

Just out of curiosity, do you think Rhodesia had a right to exist?

• goferking0@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      22 hours ago

Oh that explains a lot. Wonder when they’ll go full r/worldnews levels of post and comments control

• gedaliyah@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 hours ago

That’s why we have a diverse moderation team. My politics don’t effect my moderation decisions. But even if they did, other mods would step in to correct it. And vice-versa.

• Count042@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 hours ago

Racism is not a diverse voice that needs to be heard.

Should there be a KKK member to ensure a diverse moderation team?

• gedaliyah@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 hours ago

If you have questions about a moderation decision, you can always message me or another mod. We have frequent discussions and often make changes to past and future moderation decisions based on user feedback.

• gedaliyah@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 day ago

I definitely support the right of women to uncover their hair in public without getting murdered. Yet you seem to be spending an awful lot of energy defending the regime in Iran.

• Count042@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 day ago

You went to a lot of trouble to answer a question no one asked.

I ask again, did Rhodesia have a right to exist?

I will remind you that the Europeans in Rhodesia also viewed their existence as an existential fight against barbarism.

Apartheid countries always do.

• gedaliyah@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 hours ago

It was actually no trouble at all to discuss Iran in a post about Iran. What would be weird is if I started bringing up non-existent countries from completely different continents.

• Count042@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            5 hours ago

In recent history there have been three apartheid countries.

Apartheid South Africa (interestingly enough at the end they were ONLY supported by Israel which even then recognized they were an apartheid country) which peacefully gave equal rights to all citizens, even though they described the citizens with unequal rights as terrorists.

Rhodesia, with delusions of grandeur of their own martial skill (huh, the metaphor is even better than I thought. I mean, who the fuck thought it was a smart idea to have a tank heavy army in an urban setting without screening infantry.) That fought against giving their unequal citizens rights militarily until they were defeated.

And Israel. Whom every black person that lived through apartheid South Africa and has visited the West Bank or Gaza has described as being far worse in terms of humiliation and lack of rights.

And you wonder why I bring up Rhodesia?

At this point, defenders of Israel are as morally repugnant as every white person in the eighties that defended apartheid South Africa or Rhodesia.

And no, a racist (which is a required attribute to defend apartheid) is not a diverse voice that should be represented.

Oh and that racist country is currently trying to do everything in it’s power to start a war with Iran, and drag my country into it. Also, all the weapons that racist country uses is paid for with my tax dollars, so every one of the twenty thousand or more children it has blown up is someone that is dead through my money. So yeah, it’s very relevant. I’m sick of paying for Israel to murder children of a people whose land it wants.

• prole@sh.itjust.works
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                54 minutes ago

I saw no defense of Iran in their comment. Like do you think everyone reading this cannot see exactly what you’re trying to do?