Death Stranding came out in 2019. Death Stranding 2 will come out in 2025. That’s six years for two games. If these were the PS2 days Kojima would have cranked out 3 Death Stranding games by now and we’d be getting Death Stranding 3: Subsistence along with a teaser for Death Stranding 4 next year.

Remember when video game trilogies used be to a huge thing in the sixth and seventh generations? You’d typically get 3 games in about 5-7 years

See: Halo, Gears of War, Resistance, Killzone, etc

• riseuppikmin [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    20 hours ago

I’m not up to date with the latest lore. What’s the next “after server meshing NOW the game will be ready?” technology or are we still waiting on server meshing?

• UlyssesT [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 hours ago

Server meshing is the “Jesus tech” that the true believers are praying for that will somehow make all the jank evaporate in a puff of euphoria.

• Sam [none/use name]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 hours ago

They’ve started live testing server meshing and its hilarious because when it actually works you realise they didnt design any facet of the game for more than 20 players at a time. There literally arnt enough habs for people to spawn in, way to little elevators and screens. Everything is diagetic but in such limited quantities that when they did the 1000 player test (Which only got to 750 before crashing) people had to form actual queues to use the terminals to spawn ships. Unlike a lot of people I’m pretty confident they’ll eventually release a proper game I just dont think it will be any fun at all. They just keep making the game more and more tedious in the name of “realism”.