The incident gained national attention after a video showing two children cable-tied on Radelic’s property was live streamed on social media.

• Zane@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 hours ago

He was not given a fine, it was suspended for 12 months. He has essentially escaped consequence, which is just so disappointingly unsurprising for Western Australia.

• zephorah@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 hours ago

A girl (American) I gamed with who married an Aussie, described Australia as a lot like America but more racist. Granted, that was 10yrs ago. So, maybe?

• Darkassassin07@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 hours ago

Interesting that the same use of force on a third child wasn’t unreasonable just because the kid managed to escape…

• Maalus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

The “unreasonableness” of the use of force was the duration, not the act itself. Police took 40 mins to come, so he ziptied them for 40 mins.

• thisnameisnottolong@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 hours ago

Nice to know that I can restrain people in anyway I deem fit if I decide they are trespassing on my property, as long as I contact the police at some point… So reasonable. I hope someone does the same shit to him next time he goes to buy his roids.

• StopJoiningWars@discuss.online
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 hours ago

But he wouldn’t be trespassing unlike them? So what non-argument is that, even… I swear people love cancel culture these days without even reading the articles.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          37 minutes ago

Found another white knight fedora-wearing pedo who needs his dose of self-validation through people who will never even want to be within 10ft of him. How’s that high horse treatin’ ya, cowboy?

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            13 minutes ago

Oh, ouch. I’m so sorry. You are right. Oh God my life is just a mess. People care about me and I care about them. Where did it go wrong? Why aren’t I filled with hate all the time? Why do I have friends? I’m supposed to be online defending people convicted of assault against children. God you called me a cowboy, I’m not a cowboy. I don’t want to be a cowboy. I don’t wont to have morals and values that better my world. I want to be the guy who shits on everything good and creates a darker world. Help me please. Only you can save me online troll!

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 hours ago

So not only are both of you wishing for violence, but you’re too stupid to read the article. Seems like a case of ✨being American

• Cadeillac@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            6 hours ago

Yet implying that violence towards children is ok if they are deemed to be ‘trespassing’ is fine?

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              4 hours ago

Violence? You mean restraining them is so unconscionable, the little angels will be so utterly traumatised, unthinkably broken by the experience that it should be illegal on the legal basis of… checks notes… your hurt feelings? 😢

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                24 minutes ago

Yes, please continue to explain the joy you feel at a grown man abusing 6&7 year old children, filming them crying and begging to be released. Are you by any chance a middle aged white man with ties to… Checks notes… No one. I’m sure roid boy will let you give it a tug after you show him how proudly you’re defending him. Maybe he can tie you up too…

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  16 minutes ago

You’re right, let’s abolish property rights and allow kids into the coal mines and asbestos factories instead, just like you seem to like it, tankie fucktard. 🙄

• Cadeillac@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                4 hours ago

If it isn’t violence, we didn’t wish for violence. We wished for the same thing