Browsing social media, it’s apparent that people are quick to point out problems in the world, but what I see less often are suggestions for how to solve them. At best, I see vague ideas that might solve one issue but introduce new ones, which are rarely addressed.

Simply stopping the bad behaviour rarely is a solution in itself. The world is not that simple. Take something like drug addiction. Telling someone to just stop taking drugs is not a solution.

• DomeGuy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 hours ago

Did you just intend to endorse organ harvesting and grave robbing?

And, if you want tax reform capital gains aren’t your target, but instead “unrealized gains”. A billionare pledging stock to back a loan should pay tax on their whole net worth’s increass in value first.

• HubertManne@moist.catsweat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 minutes ago

Im trying to get the rogan harvesting but if I do get it, its a real stretch joke on of and for the people. Yes I like the unrealized gains. Its funny because while writing it I was thinking about that but did not have a good term. Im not big on a wealth tax but any growth from any direction should be taxed the same as income. I might allow some deductions like one residential property that you live in.