• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 hours ago

Weird how I’m not seeing all the pro-terrorist signs in the photo of the crowd at the top of that image.

I wonder if maybe the Telegraph, run by one of the conservative, ultra-rich Barclay brothers, might have some sort of agenda here?

• ArbitraryValue@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 hours ago

IMO organizing or attending these marches so close to the anniversary of the massacre is itself pretty clearly pro-terror, in the way that people prominently associating themselves with the date of April 20 are also supporting a similar ideology without having to name it explicitly.

It’s not like there are marches every weekend. They specifically chose this weekend.

• ShittyBeatlesFCPres@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          51 minutes ago

Well, in the U.S., it’s written 4/20 and everyone associates it with getting mega high. It was successfully reclaimed by stoners.

Also, I’ll protest war and genocide on September 11th. It doesn’t mean I’m somehow pro-terror. This may shock you but most people who are anti-war don’t like Hamas or the Israeli government and are mostly concerned about the civilian carnage that’s inevitable in war. You might want to look in the mirror if you have a rooting interest in a dumbfuck, brutal war that’s making everyone worse off.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 hours ago

pretty clearly pro-terror

That is utter nonsense. Regardless of what Hamas did on October 7th, which I am guessing pretty much no one there thinks was a good thing, it was also the day Israel’s genocide started. Large numbers of innocent Palestinians, including a huge number of children, started being killed that day.

And you know for a fact that it doesn’t matter when the protest happens in terms of this sort of negative coverage. Or did you think the media took a positive view of the campus protests a few months ago when it was definitely not October anything?

• Krackalot
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 hours ago

No, no. There needs to be a clear 6.5 month buffer on both sides of the attack before any protest can happen. /s

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 hours ago

It’s like the “too soon to talk about guns” after every school shooting, but there are regular school shootings, so it’s always too soon.

• BMTea@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 hours ago

“Holocaust-inversion” is one of those phrases that just immediately marks you as a hasbarist.