I’ll go first. Mine is the instant knockout drug. Like Dexter’s intramuscular injection that causes someone to immediately lose consciousness. Or in the movie Split where there’s the aerosol spray in your face that makes you instantly unconscious. Or pretty much any time someone uses chloroform.

• NatakuNox@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 hours ago

Movies that need to exposition dump to tell the audience what’s going on. This isn’t radio. If you need to explain everything to me so I can understand what’s going on in the plot, it’s bad story telling. Show, don’t tell.

• barsquid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

Writers just toss in some jarringly unrealistic dialogue that people never say IRL to establish characters are siblings.

• Zozano@lemy.lol
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 hours ago

I heard Outlander is great, but I can’t get past the second episode because the narration pissed me off.

Okay, I get it, it’s based off a novel, but if you’re inserting a monologue to explain what just happened, or foreshadowing what is about to happen, you can just fuck off.

“Little did I know, this blunder would cost me everything” fuck off

• NatakuNox@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 hours ago

Watch Mad Max Fury Road “theatrical” release then watch the original or director’s cut. I watched the original in theaters the day the movie came out and loved it! But I rewatched it on streaming and thought I was going crazy with the Tom Hardy narration they added in the begin and end. I was like, was that added between the time I watched in theater and now? Looked it up and the production company forced them to add the narration a couple weeks into the release. Apparently an executive couldn’t follow the story without Max telling him. Shows that the people in charge don’t always know what’s best.