• IninewCrow@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    13 hours ago

That story just really grinded my gears into fine metal shavings … not because of your bratty nephews but because it perfectly illustrates America politics. Thanks for this.

• thefartographer@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 hours ago

I understand your desire to call my nephews “bratty” based on that story, but doing so really misses the point. Ask anyone who’s been around toddlers and you’ll find that this kind of story is the rule, not the exception. I’m not saying that Republicans are like “bratty” toddlers, they’re like toddlers in general.

They can’t help themselves but be emotional, short-sighted, selfish little shits who will piss themselves and throw food at you and blame everything on you because they don’t know how to be happy on their own or how to enjoy other people’s happiness. And the funniest fucking thing to them is watching other people get hurt.

• IninewCrow@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 hours ago

My apologies for being unkind to your nephews. I have dozens of my own (I have a big family) and most of them are good but a few are definitely brats according to my definition.

I get your interpretation and you are right, republicans are behaving like children. And like unruly children, they need a bit of discipline in order to make them listen. At first you attempt to persuade them with reason and logic that you try to teach them … but if they still won’t listen, then you have to gradually escalate the levels of discipline. I don’t believe in corporal punishment for children … but for republican politicians, I’d make an exception and publicly spank them for creating this completely insane political environment.

• thefartographer@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 hours ago

No apologies necessary! Toddlers and “bratty” are synonymous. I wasn’t offended, merely making my point more clear.