The Axis Unseen free demo: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1807810/The_Axis_Unseen/

It took about 3.5 years, but now it’s actually coming out in less than two weeks. I’m really excited to see what people think of it and it has been cool watching streamers react to the demo. Somehow my two story tall tree guy is really good at sneaking up on people. :D

original post on imgur

• localhost443
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 hours ago

Mashing x to doubt…

That timeline was trotted out to make it sound pre no man’s sky during marketing. Inside sources had it’s real development time as way shorter, hence it’s so terrible even for a Bethesda game

• thetreesaysbark@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      13 hours ago

Meaning the last 6 years of his career there were on starfield, which he wasn’t a manager of, if he quit 3 years ago.

This feels like a standard toxic gaming community thread where dismissing someone’s achievements is for some reason fair game.

Dude held a job at a huge publisher for 14 years, then quit and developed his own thing.

Good on him!

• vxx@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        13 hours ago

You’re missing that he quit during the development of that crappy game, which gives him extra points for judgement.

• vxx@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        12 hours ago

To address your point of toxicity, I didn’t get the impression. In fact it’s the first thing that popped into my mind as well.

Bethesdas reputation is just that tarnished.

• imPastaSyndrome@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 hours ago

Yeah I dunno. Journalist who worked at cnn 20 years quits to make own newspaper wouldn’t do it for me either

• vxx@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            40 minutes ago

Journalism on CNN is alright, it’s the political commentors that have been bought.

• Krauerking@lemy.lol
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 hours ago

Nah I’m just ragging on the fact that Bethesda has released only like 2 new games in a decade and a half. And then updates of the old goodies like every year.

Its not about the developers it’s about how shitty Bethesda is.