• i-downvote-dipshits@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I’m not sure whether I take more offense to people still calling the vaccine experimental or thinking it’s a treatment. Being so desperately against something without bothering to even pretend to understand what it is or why irks the shit out of me. Good riddance.

• MapleEngineer@lemmy.caOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

THIS is the key point. She had made this her entire identity. When billions of doses had been administered to billions of people worldwide and none of them became magnetic, or sterile, or had tracking chips installed, or got 5G, or turned into monkeys and the world went on with life while she slowly killed herself while wailing about the injustice…she would rather die than admit that she was wrong.

• i-downvote-dipshits@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

It’s worse than just being stubborn though. Being wrong and not willing to admit it is petty, but people are willing to go much further (up to dying, apparently) if they’re too willfully ignorant to even be open to the possibility they could be wrong. This is some dark ages shit, and it’s terrifying how much of it’s out there in the wild.

• AnonymousLlama@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

For an “experimental vaccine” it’s had a pretty amazing job at limiting the severity of covid and reducing deaths. If only all experiments were that successful

• argv_minus_one@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

🎼This was a triumph🎶
      🎼I’m making a note here: “huge success”🎶

Seriously, the experiment is over. The stuff works great. That is not a valid excuse.