What has your experience with Linux been like so far? How long has been your Linux journey? Mine began while I was studying computer science, and I’ve been in love with Linux since.

• acetanilide@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

It’s been fun. I’ve had it for a few months and I love it. Currently trying to figure out why my PDFs get corrupted and how to fix it - I’m pretty sure it has to do with signatures but not completely sure. The other thing is that I was having trouble figuring out how to hibernate my computer, so it was sleeping all the time (except when off or in use), but then one day it just started hibernating. Not sure how that happened.

I chose Fedora with the KDE desktop and it’s great. I’m not entirely sure I understand the differences in the desktop choices but it works for me for now.

I’m trying to get my partner to switch but they’re worried about it not being compatible with/not being able to find suitable replacements for certain Windows software used for work. So basically I just need to get better with Linux before they switch lol