• halcyoncmdr@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 hours ago

If that’s the case and I’ve somehow managed to just never see any of those threads until recently…

They might want to know that constantly saying “Windows bad, Linux good” in every thread doesn’t convert people, it just gets annoying. That in turn makes people dislike the group and dismiss what they say without a second thought, even if they’re right.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 hours ago

Posting as if your choice of OS is inherently superior to other choices is just pathetic.

• calabast@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 hours ago

Actually, I saw enough comments about people switching to Linux that I finally said “what the hell” and took the plunge! Very glad I did, as I read more and more crap Microsoft is doing.

And if you don’t like comments that won’t change anything and just annoy people…maybe you should reevaluate your bellyaching 😄

• TimeSquirrel@kbin.melroy.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 hours ago

You seem to misunderstand. Here on the Fediverse, Linux users are NOT such a minority as on the rest of the Internet. Most people here do not need “converting”. They already have. Again, you’re not on Reddit or Twitter. You are literally surrounded by open source enthusiasts.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 hours ago

Oh I don’t misunderstand at all. They’re preaching to the choir and thinking they’re doing something. Like idiots.