‘I think the bigger problem are the people from within, we have some very bad people, sick people, radical left lunatics,’ Republican candidate tells Fox’s Maria Bartiromo

“And it should be easily handled by, if necessary, by National Guard, or if really necessary, by the military,” he said.

“I think the bigger problem is the enemy from within. Not even the people who have come in, who are destroying our country.”

It isn’t clear under what circumstances Trump would view it justifiable to call in US troops against his own countrymen.

But his comments mark a baseless attack and a particularly hollow one coming from someone whose supporters violently attacked the US Capitol in an attempt to stop him from being thrown out of office three years ago.

🗳️ Register to vote: https://vote.gov/

• Fedizen@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 hours ago

“dictator day one”

“prosecute my opposition”

“prosecute my critics”

It seems insane to think people are shooting at him because they’re listening to democrats (something the MSM largely does not do) and not because people are just listening to the things he’s saying he’ll do.

• OlinOfTheHillPeople@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 hours ago

It seems insane to think people are shooting at him because they’re listening to democrats

I’m confused by this sentence. What do Democrats have to do with any of this?

• Furbag@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

Trump has had multiple assassination attempts on him this year, and each time it happens Trump blames Democratic rhetoric as the motivating force.

Of course, anybody who took even a cursory look into the motives of each would-be assassin (and let’s be frank, it’s a big stretch to call some of these guys assassins - getting caught with a loaded weapon near where Trump is located is apparently enough to be considered an assassination attempt, even if Trump was never in any danger) they are often Republicans who absolutely hate the Democrats, so they wouldn’t be listening to their political rhetoric anyway which has been nothing short of “Political violence is not the solution, let’s win at the ballot box in November.”

Meanwhile, Trump is promising to be a dictator on day one, promoting eugenics, deploying the armed forces to deport legal residents, threatening to prosecute and jail his political opponents and revoke the 1st amendment rights of his critics, but refuses to answer calls to “turn the temperature down”.

• dch82@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 hours ago

I don’t know, some republicans think Democrats have something to do with this?