• Possibly linux@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

Frankly there is very little evidence to support that theory. The problem with communism is two fold. First, it removes the drive to improve processes. Second, it is highly vulnerable to people to game the system. People will always find a way to get more for themselves and because there is little incentives compared a regular market they will not work harder at there job.

The workplace is ruff and it is definitely is very unpleasant at times. You have to work to find a job and sometimes the job is just miserable. However, it forces the best performance out of everyone which is something communism fails to do.

• Dasus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 days ago

You have to work to find a job and sometimes the job is just miserable. However, it forces the best performance out of everyone which is something communism fails to do.

However, it forces the best performance out of everyone

Have you ever in your life seen a single minimum wage worker?

No offense, but you’ve eaten capitalist propaganda pretty fucking hard. Your comment tldr could be “pull yourself up by your bootstraps”, and the irony is that you probably don’t even consider that sentences ironic.

Second, it is highly vulnerable to people to game the system.

That’s much more inherent in capitalism, because communism by default would require regulation whereas capitalism strives to get rid of it. Which is also why a lot of communism ended in authoritarian regime.

First, it removes the drive to improve processes.

The drive for novelty exists regardless of the economic system, it’s universal in humanity.

The challenge is to improve yourself.

• goat@sh.itjust.worksOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 days ago

Well, I believe in the future EVERYTHING will be automated. Economically, how would you compete against a machine that makes a machine that makes a machine that makes a machine (-infinitely-)?

I think humanity will move on from material desire and become hyperspiritualised as it’s the one thing the machine cannot do and cannot be given. Wall-E or the Matrix basically, pick your poison.

• sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

There are a lot of potential futures, such as:

• Star Trek - humanity can automate everything, so people follow their passions
        • Matrix - machines take over
        • Cyberpunk/Fifth Element - same problems as today, just modernized

While I would like the first, I think the last is the most likely.