Hello everyone, I got a New sound card (Soundblaster g6) and use it under xubuntu 22.04

The problem is that the default settings of the card are not usable for my use case. For example, the capture device is always set to line-in (instead of external mic) whenever i boot or replug the device.

I changed the settings with alsamixer to my likings and stored the .state file in my ~/.config/ folder When i run restore after reboot all is good. Unfortunatley not for long as the cards keeps going back to its default settings once in a while (sometimes every minute)

I try to solve this with a bash script that restores every 60seconds.

My question is how do i make my stored .state file to the default the card resets to? So i dont have to restore every 60 seconds.

• MazonnaCara89@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Yo dude I have a soundblasterx g6 too, I had this problem too where the sound card disconnected and reconnected as an output devices everytime, I have resolved the problem by changing this setting in the soundblaster commander under windows.

There is no equivalent driver for linux, at least for what I know, but I’m trying my best to resolve the issue by reverse engineering it.

For the mic problem I use a bash script on startup that change the mic to the one of the sound card.

• mattiOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Thank you! Will try this tomorrow <3

• mattiOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Okay, i had to try it today… Unfortunatley, it was set to “PC/Mac” already. I have factory reset the card and tried again. Have you enabled the sbx profile, or do you use direcr sound mode?

• MazonnaCara89@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

No I don’t have direct mode enabled because if you do so the mic doesn’t work (on windows too), and I don’t have any sbx profile enabled.