I mostly do drip coffee (shh, I’m basic), but I’d like a more consistent, fresh brew, and potentially something that could do an espresso grind, as well.

I’ve seen good things about the Capresso Infinity Plus, but thought I’d ask about the personal preferences from more experienced folks here.

It’d be lovely to have something that can easily fit on the counter, and with a simple mechanism and/or reparability (even if that means looking for old stock of a certain model).

Thanks!

• b34k@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 days ago

I went Capresso Infinity Plus > Baratza Encore > Timemore Sculptor 078s. I also have a Commandante C40. I also pretty much exclusively do Pour Overs and Aeropress with Light Roast beans (I’ve found my favorite roaster to be Black and White. Any beans I get from them I find quite enjoyable, even their less expensive stuff).

The Caspresso was just OK. The Brataza could produce a decent cup, but the Commandante and the Timemore are just on another level.

I got the Timemore as part of their Kickstarter and during the 8 month wait from payment till delivery I found myself just not even using the Encore cuz the C40 was that much better… even though it took extra time and effort to hand grind the beans.

That said, if you’re not getting really good beans, and not being precise with your brew ratios and methods, the difference between all 4 of these might not be noticeable.