I mostly do drip coffee (shh, I’m basic), but I’d like a more consistent, fresh brew, and potentially something that could do an espresso grind, as well.

I’ve seen good things about the Capresso Infinity Plus, but thought I’d ask about the personal preferences from more experienced folks here.

It’d be lovely to have something that can easily fit on the counter, and with a simple mechanism and/or reparability (even if that means looking for old stock of a certain model).

Thanks!

• sunstoned@lemmus.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 days ago

Not exactly an espresso grinder, but I absolutely love my Baratza Virtuoso (not the plus). Couldn’t recommend it more highly.

No messing around, just a good looking, weighty, stainless appliance that does the job.

Can be had for cheap on ebay or similar. Tons of interchangeable parts and guides. Super easy to clean. Couldn’t ask for more. Well, maybe a single dose hopper just for fun.

The range is absolutely perfect for Aeropress/V60 up to cold brew. Maaaaaybe fine enough for espresso depending on your setup. Definitely worth the few extra bucks if you’re considering a Baratza Encore or similar.