I recently updated jerboa to v0.0.34 (was on v0.0.33 before) but it crashes every time I launch the app. Tried going back to v0.0.33 but now also that version doesn’t seem to work anymore. I enjoyed the last couple of weeks using the app and don’t like to use lemmy through the browser on mobile. So if anyone knows what might be causing this or has any idea on how to fix it let me know

• Yote.zip@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I believe that since Lemmy.ml is on v0.18, Jerboa 0.34 no longer works with it. Jerboa 0.35 has released today but it might take some time to get to your app manager

• Rentlar@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

There’s a Room Database version issue going from version 34 to 33. To downgrade you have to fully uninstall the app then install it, installing over the existing will cause the app to crash immediately on startup.

There is also version 35 out now.

• ArgentCorvid [Iowa]@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

literally just started happening to me this afternoon. worked fine this morning, didn’t update anything on my end, so I’m inclined to think that it’s a server/instance issue.

at first it would kind of work. i’d be on my instance, but Jerboa would say I was anonymous. then I logged out and tried to log back in and now it crashes.

web view works fine.

• ArgentCorvid [Iowa]@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

That kinda helps, it doesn’t crash immediately anymore. But it won’t let me log in either.

In web view My instance says UI:0.18-rc4 and BE: unknown version at the bottom

Edit:And just now, it tried it again, and it loaded, then gave me a message that the instances version is too low, but it seems to be working