Twitch streamer and famousĀ YouTuber Zack ā€œAsmongoldā€ HoytĀ has had hisĀ zackrawrr accountĀ banned after a racist rant about Muslims and Palestinians killed in Gaza went viral on social media. ā€œMy bad,ā€ he shared on X (formerly Twitter) following an online backlash. ā€œLooking back on it, I was way too much of an asshole about the Palestine thing.ā€ His other Twitch channel,Ā Asmongold, remains up.

In addition to playing games, Hoyt frequently livestreams extended chat sessions where he comments on other peopleā€™s YouTube videos or whatever topics are gaining traction on his dedicated subreddit. In the midst of a recent livestream, he began talking about Israelā€™s war on Gaza, which the Gaza Health Ministry says has killedĀ over 40,000 Palestinians since it beganĀ just over a year ago following the October 7 attack by Hamas.

ā€œIf you want to consider a genocide as a systematic killing of a group of people they have genocide built into Sharia law right now so no Iā€™m not going to cry a fucking river when people who have genocide thatā€™s baked into their laws are getting genocided,ā€ Hoyt said duringĀ a portion of the stream that was clippedĀ and shared on social media (the original VOD doesnā€™t appear to be online). ā€œI donā€™t give a fuck. Theyā€™re terrible people. Itā€™s not even a question. Itā€™s crazy people donā€™t see it that way. Theyā€™d be doing the same thing.ā€

• ggppjj@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      3 hours ago

Whatā€™s the purpose of your post? It comes off as agreement with his message at worst, and an irrelevant non sequitor at best.

• BlackLaZoR@fedia.io
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        Ā·
        3 hours ago

Inmean that being right makes him a valuable addition to the general community. This is the reason he has a massive following in the first place

• ggppjj@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          Ā·
          2 hours ago

That doesnā€™t make any sense. Heā€™s a valuable addition toā€¦ What general community, humanity? I mean, Iā€™m not disputing that he has a following, I just donā€™t see how that has anything to do with the discussion around his self-professed and now recanted dogshit awful opinions about the lives of other humans.

• BlackLaZoR@fedia.io
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            Ā·
            2 hours ago

self-professed and now recanted dogshit awful opinions

Heā€™s harsh, but his opinions are rarely dogshit. He has followers, who value them

• ggppjj@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              Ā·
              2 hours ago

I guess I just donā€™t understand the relevance of his other opinions to the discussion about the specific ones weā€™re talking about.

ā€œI was served a plate of raw chicken tendersā€ ā€œThe chef usually makes Michelin quality mealsā€

It just doesnā€™t advance the actual discussion.