The shooter, a white man, killed three people after writing messages of hatred for Black people. He killed himself after opening fire in a dollar store.

A white gunman fatally shot three Black people in hate-motivated shooting at a Dollar General retailer in Jacksonville on Saturday afternoon, Sheriff T.K. Waters said.

“This shooting was racially motivated, and he hated Black people,” the sheriff said at a news conference. “He wanted to kill n------.”

• WaxedWookie@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I love it that Nazis are too damn stupid to give their allies plausible deniability and keep covering everything in swaztikas.

The Allen Texas mall shooter was a great example - the right wing media tried arguing he was Hispanic, and that he wasn’t right-wing - his huge swaztika tattoos were a false flag… That he wore for years. Even your average Fox viewer isn’t buying that.

cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

That they’re morons (I know), or that even those morons see through the bullshit (they seem to in this case, but I may be wrong).

• FaeDrifter@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

He didn’t actually die, it was all staged, and the tattoos were the temporary ink tattoos.

This is sarcasm but maybe I shouldn’t give the conspiracy theorists any more ideas.

The most ridiculous part is how self-contradictory the right wing media explanations get. Like he’s a false flag to make right wing white nationalists look bad, but simultaneously he’s an example of how dangerous Hispanic immigrants are. Firehouse of misinformation - hopefully something sticks, right!?

cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Poe’s law is what it is I guess…

The contradiction is no accident though - it’s a necessary element of fascism - the enemy must always be both pathetically weak and an existential threat.