• Sunshine @lemmy.caOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

Hold a general strike to force the pc mpps to pass pr stv/mmp with the other parties without a referendum.

• Seigest@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 hours ago

Though it’s certainly effective. Unless somone very influential happens to be on lemmy looking at comments on memes I don’t think that idea is going to get to them.

What I’ve seen is letter writing campaigns. The idea of getting a large volume of people tonwrite their MPs all at once makes it harder for them to just ignore everyone. Somone whould provide a template with not only the nature of our request but things the mp can actually do to advance the idea. They sometimes actually want to help but don’t know how. This is why you need somone with some degree of knowledge to write the template.

A flyer/poster campaign can help as well. This is good for raising general awareness. Though its more effective if done during a specific time prior to an action like the letter writing campaign or a protest march. Even those who can’t partake in the event can then at least promote it. Though I suggest providing guidelines around ethical flyer distribution. The advantage is that you can get your message to places like libraries and community centers where more civic minded people will see it.

Also there is protests, marches ect. But there are so many of those happening that I feel they often get ignored. The logistics are a pain, amd if not done right they can go bad.

Also is there a place organizing these things? Do they need donations or volunteers?

So with that in mind if anything like that is happening, link your memes to it in some way. It will turn a complaint into action.