link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    15 hours ago

I wish it was that simple. Checking that box does not alleviate the extra work supporting an entire extra platform. One of such is doing to testing to give you that ez pz steam deck stat.

Also, those pc specs not working for you? That’s a you problem, learn how to use a pc or join the console peasants

• sp3tr4l@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 hours ago

… When a game dev team/studio licenses usage of EAC, Battleye, or Denuvo, they are provided access to dev tools.

In those dev tools, they just need to select a few options (click a few boxes) to enable their game build to be compatible with the linux/proton versions of those AC systems.

These 3 ACs are on record stating, 3 years ago, that they already developed support for this, and all that game devs have to do is indicate that they want to use these features that they have already developed, support, and are included when licensing their use for a game.

This is typically why a game studio, or any software developer really, works out some kind of licensed usage agreement for many elements of pre existing code: It does a thing they want to be able to do, and does it more cost effectively than said studio developing their own solution in house.

… But I’ve already explained most of this to you multiple times.

As for pc specs… I’ve been building custom PCs since before 9/11. I’ve been modding all kinds of Windows games since 2003. I’ve done contract work for MSFT for a few years after I graduated University.

I understand how PC specs work, how gaming, and coding, on Windows PCs works.

I am attempting to illustrate how the ability to ‘just game’, on a Windows PC, is nowhere near as straightforward as you are implying it is.

But anyways, your responses have become increasingly bad faith and/or indicative of poor reading comprehension, so you’re either not interested in, or capable of meaningful discussion, so I won’t be entertaining you any further.

• Boomkop3@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 hours ago

You can grab standard libraries and turn on features in software products. That does not mean it’s set-and-forget. If it was, it would make my job a lot easier.

Build yourself a decent pc then if you know how it works, and yours doesn’t perform as it should. Hint hint, mine have always done their job great even below the minimum specs of most games. It just takes some fine tuning