• basmati@lemmus.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 hours ago

There is no such thing as worse genocide. Just because you’re proving that you would vote for Hitler, doesn’t mean you can shame or threaten the rest of us into voting for Hitler.

There is always a choice. Im not voting for genocide.

• DancingBear@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 hours ago

The whole idea of the genocide being worse under Trump makes me laugh in order to avoid crying.

People are really justifying Biden and Kamala’s support of genocide by arguing the genocide will be worse under Trump.

I don’t think they realize what they are saying.

• basmati@lemmus.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 hours ago

The sad thing is I’m starting to think they do realize what they’re saying. They genuinely believe genocide is inevitable and they’re not at fault for choosing to support it.

It’s weird living through a fascist dystopia and coming to understand first hand how “reasonable” people come to outright openly cheer on genocide.

• Tarquinn2049@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 hours ago

I know you’re probably just trolling, so it doesn’t matter what I say. But I’ll keep it up anyway, for the slim chance you are just a closed minded child that has been indoctrinated and isn’t actually thinking about anything they are saying, just reacting and spewing whatever comes to mind.

The real world isn’t about what you want to happen in an ideal world. It’s about what will actually happen as a result of your actions. There very much is worse genocide, genocide of more types of people at once, in more places at once, and to a worse scale for people already being genocided. Please don’t let Trump get what he wants.

Yes, of course everyone decent wants what you want… we’re not idiots. But we also can see that there is no path to it. And that trying to get it will just lead to losing the chance to have 90% of what we want instead.

There is no black and white choice in real life, which can be hard to accept for people stuck on black and white thinking(which is actually alot of people, like 10% or so). Trying to make decisions as though something must be perfect to be a good choice, is going to lead to having huge problems because this isn’t the only situation where trying to pick the perfect choice just leads to getting a way worse result. Usually, the consequences will come in the form of waiting and doing nothing because a perfect choice never presents itself. But sometimes people prey on a black and white mentality to falsely present a “perfect” choice, knowing some percentage of the population will have no choice but to fall for it.

Sometimes, third-party candidates are even funded by the other side in order to do this very thing for something as important as an election. So they very well know that it has an effect, if people like that are willing to actually spend money they could otherwise be hoarding.