October 19, 2024

• eldavi@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 days ago

i foresee the gazans reduced to native american like reservations in isreal with numbers too small to guarantee that they’ll never be able to effectively push back against the boot on their collective necks again.

add to that the wanton destruction caused by the idf on generational wealth building assets like real estate and the economy only serves to both maximize a newly imposed generational poverty and minimizes any relief from pre-existing generational wealth and also guarantees that future gazan’s will be controlled by governmental purse strings; as the native americans experience today.

the icing on this shit cake is that liberals will get to abhor the genocide but still support leaders that perpetuate it. to be clear, they already do now; it’s just that in the future they’ll go back to pretending to abhor violence and create/support some sort of sanctions for its perpetrators, after they themselves can longer be sanctioned for the same behavior. (eg rules for thee but not for me).

i’d like to think that laying it bear in the sunlight would help us understand past genocides like the native american pogroms or the ww2 holocaust; but seeing both climatologist take a similar approach only to encounter public politicized against accepting climate change and holocaust survivors futilely exhorting leaders against the genocidal path they’re hellbent on following anyways makes me pessimistic.