Hell all, We have hit 3k subscribers here and would love some feedback from the community on how we can improve this place.

At the moment, I post any and all news I can find as well as articles with tips and tricks regarding DnD, and comics I like, and our other mod @Devil_Master@lemmy.world Posts his OC homebrew stuff that you guys have been enjoying.

What would YOU like to see from us as the mods.

and remember! this community only thrives through YOUR content so please, anything big or small is welcome here. Questions, Help needed posts, it all adds up.

• Infynis@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m not a fan of all the listicles, but I understand wanting to post stuff like that to keep activity up

• BigFig@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m not a fan of all of them, but some are better than others and people generally seem to like them, there’s just only so much NEWS out there lol

• hydrospanner@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I can’t really say much, but I did love reading that link about playing a fairy, so more of that sort of thing would be awesome.

On the other side, I’m not at all interested in DnD Beyond, so having that content tagged makes it easier to filter out.

Overall, this is one of the more active subs I’m subscribed to, so I think you must be doing something right!

• Solivine@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I only just found this sub, and I know it was kind of unpopular on Reddit but I do like the art posts. Comics too even though I don’t always understand them.

I think keep doing what you’re doing 🙂

• Devil_Master@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I can’t speak for BigFig, but I know that I can’t draw to save my life, so I can’t really do an art post

• BigFig@lemmy.worldOPM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I dabble, but I don’t consider my art good enough to post a single pixel of it lol

• Ash@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Hey BigFig, I’m a reddit refugee I guess, where I was occasional-commenter-but-mostly-lurker anyways. Liking your enthusiasm at the moment and hope it continues. I think keeping momentum going with a wide variety of posts is good while trying to establish.

Question though: do you see /c/dnd being “the” central community, or do you think it will spur off into smaller ones? Spinoffs like, say, /c/dnd-art could fill the /r/dnd space, /c/dm-academy for /r/dmacademy, etc?

• BigFig@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I absolutely would like the spinoff communities to happen in the future. This community will always be the catchall for anything DnD, but at this moment splintering the community probably isn’t wise as we grow momentum here.

• TigerClawTV@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Just want to say thanks. You guys are doing a great job. I have tried to drop in and contribute whenever I think of a good topic.

Let me know if you ever want another mod on board.

• Psymonkee@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Less links to articles, more user content. I realise this might be hard at this stage but certainty something to consider.

I plan on opening a few communities based on modules I’ve run to accumulate all the user ideas from those into one place, would be nice to link those up!

• sbv@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Maybe post here? I’m not sure there’s enough of a user base to support lots of tightly focused communities.

• BigFig@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Would love to link those in the sidebar, let me know when you open them, Would also appreciate cross posts to here every once in a while to keep both communities active and drive eyes towards you from here.

As for user content, I’m just a mod, I don’t have content of my own to post so that is something I am relying on you guys the users to submit here.

• BigFig@lemmy.worldOPM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Oh as far as posting OTHER’s content here, I do not care, as long as you are attributing credit where it is due and not posting things as if they are your own, then post away!

• BigFig@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Well, all I can say is this is the catchall community for things DnD. There should absolutely be spinoff communities but I don’t think splintering at this moment is a good idea given the good momentum we have here. Give it some time though and we will have reason to break off separate communities such as dnd talk, dnd art, etc etc.

• BigFig@lemmy.worldOPM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

If that becomes an issue we can address that, for now there have been zero meme posts

• BigFig@lemmy.worldOPM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I think you are getting too granular and I trust the members of this community to upvote and downvote content they deem high effort and low effort accordingly.

I am not in the business of telling someone what DnD is to them, or to others. To some, yes, the snacks are very important. There’s even a cook book being released soon. To others, the nitty gritty details of the slim chance dice roles in last night’s session are prime postings.

In the end, as long as a post is not breaking the rules, I don’t see why someone cannot post what they deem as DnD content, and I ALSO expect members of this community to be able to decide for themselves if their post is really worth posting.

• TigerClawTV@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I disagree with your sentiment about memes but I agree with your statement about moderation. My reccomendation would be a single stickied thread and all memes and what not would have to stay within that thread. That way you wouldn’t have to see it if you don’t like it, but I could still have fun with it.