• elliot_crane@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    12 hours ago

This isn’t Harris “play[ing] the tax card”, the article isn’t even referencing anything her campaign said.

FTA:

The new analysis from the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) follows its in-depth examination of Trump’s tax proposals, which the group found would cut taxes for the richest 5% of Americans and raise them for everyone else.

And directly from ITEP’s “Mission & History” page:

ITEP is a non-profit, non-partisan tax policy organization. We conduct rigorous analyses of tax and economic proposals and provide data-driven recommendations to shape equitable and sustainable tax systems.

Source: https://itep.org/about/

Based on the “equitable and sustainable” piece, ITEP probably slants left, sure, but I’d say that’s far more owing to conservative tax policy having no basis in being equitable or sustainable for the past four decades at least.

That all being said there’s literally no reason to make this a dig at Harris, because, you know, the article isn’t referencing anything she or her campaign has publicly said…

• Pyflixia@kbin.melroy.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      12 hours ago

“On tax policy, Harris carries forward much of President Biden’s FY 2025 budget, including higher taxes aimed at businesses and high earners”

I don’t understand people who make the claim that “uh, they didn’t directly say or plan it” when that line I just picked from the article, implies that it is a plan of theirs.

I don’t care what you or anyone has to say. You either make the plan happen or shut the hell up and stop promising things you can’t deliver on.

• elliot_crane@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 hours ago

Cool. Except the thing is I never said this wasn’t Harris’ plan. I said that the article is about an independent review of her plan, and therefore she’s not “play[ing] the tax card”. I would agree she’s “play[ing] the tax card” if she was making a big deal of this all of a sudden out of nowhere, but that’s not happening here.

• Xanis@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      12 hours ago

Woah now, it’s SO much easier to make a dig at anything when you refuse to challenge your own, and your friend/family’s, personal views.