That’s it. That’s the post. I can’t stop making the connection to those songs. yea

• AmericaDeserved711 [any]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

many rock stars learned music to get attention from teenage girls. which is okay at first, because they were teenage boys. the problem is when they become adults and don’t grow out of it, and fame+money makes it very easy for them to be predators. the entire music industry is designed to facilitate this behavior.

rock music has fallen out of the mainstream but we still see this with a lot of famous rappers for example (Diddy, Drake, etc)

• UlyssesT [he/him]@hexbear.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 days ago

I am not even that big of a fan of the Beatles (especially not John Lennon and his domestic violence enjoying) but as far as I know they didn’t actually creep on any of their many, many teenage fans. Maybe I’m wrong there but it made me hope there was like one band I could remember the name of from the “classic rock” era that didn’t have creeps in it.

• PaulSmackage [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

I thought about it for a few minutes, and the only band i could think of from that era that might not be full creeps was Blue Oyster Cult, but that’s because I know basically nothing about the band member’s private lives.

• CloutAtlas [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

You could point to the lyrics “Well she was just 17, you know what I mean” by the Beatles but I think McCartney was fresh 20 when he wrote that about his high school girlfriend as their first single off their first album so they weren’t that famous.

• Fox [any, she/her]@vegantheoryclub.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

The closest I’ve heard to any of the Beatles being creeps is George Harrison “joking” about buying his friend’s 15 year old daughter when he was well into his 30s. Not sure why you’d joke about something like that.