Trump told Benjamin Netanyahu in one call this month, “Do what you have to do,” according to six people familiar with the conversation who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive and confidential information. Trump has said publicly that the two have spoken at least twice in October, with one call as recently as Oct. 19.

“He didn’t tell him what to do militarily, but he expressed that he was impressed by the pagers,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina), who was on a call this month with Trump and Netanyahu, referring to the Israeli operation that killed Hezbollah leaders with explosive batteries inside pagers. “He expressed his awe for their military operations and what they have done.”

Graham added: “He told them, do what you have to do to defend yourself, but we’re openly talking about a new Mideast. Trump understands that very much there has to be change with the corrupt Palestinian state.”

• Gerudo@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    17 hours ago

You know what virtually every 3rd party advocate like you doesn’t say? Anything about how the 3rd party candidate would be good for Americans’ day to day life.

What will your 3rd party candidate (lets ignore the fact that not a sigle post advocates an actual candidate)do for me that directly impacts me and my family’s life? Will they fund social security? Are they advocates for ranked choice voting? Are they pro choice? Are they pro universal Healthcare? How about corporate reform? Dark money in politics? Net nutrality? Fucking crickets on all these topics from yall.

If you would get off the ONLY topic you all spew, maybe, just maybe, you could change some minds. The 3rd party push is so disingenuous, it’s just as bad as Republicans who only vote for Trump due to him helping overturn Roe v Wade.

• Gerudo@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        14 hours ago

If you are not a 3rd party advocate, are you one of the nonvoters? Potatoe potahtoe

Look, neither of the candidates are perfect across the board. One candidate is by far the better one for my family being mixed race, immigrant family members, mostly women, most work public service and some are on medicade and social security. One candidate is staunchly against all of that. The 3rd party candidates are ghosts on all of those topics.

One candidate is giving Israel carte blanch to do what they want and to “get the job done”. The candidate I’m voting for is not aligned with how I want that situation handled, but it is less bad than “do what you want”.

If I don’t vote or if I vote 3rd party, or I vote Trump, I can’t live with how my family and I will potentially be treated.

That leaves me one fucking choice that isn’t 100% what I want, but 80% is way better than the alternatives.

• SilentStorms@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          13 hours ago

Both parties are the “get the job done” party. This administration has continued to give unconditional aid to Israel, and has not done anything remotely resembling a penalty to them for conducting a genocide. The only difference is the rhetoric.

I’m not saying don’t vote for Kamala, I hope she wins. My point is that all this anger should be directed at the party for alienating large swaths of the population that should be their base. I can empathize with someone who has family in Palestine or Lebanon that does not feel like they can in good conscience vote for the party that is supplying bombs being dropped on their loved ones.

This should be an easy win, Donald Trump is an incredibly unpopular candidate, and we should be outraged at the Democrats for making misstep after misstep in this campaign.