• Nuke_the_whales@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    16 hours ago

The same with people who insist it’s easy to build my own gaming PC. I’m sure it’s easy to build a ps5 with all the parts as well, but I DON’T WANT TO BUILD MY OWN ELECTRONICS. I don’t care how easy they claim it is. Unless it comes out of the box, ready to plug in, I’m not interested. I don’t have the patience to go through hours of tutorials

• emeralddawn45
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 hours ago

lmao this comment is pathetic. Putting together a pc is not ‘building your own electronics’, its plugging parts into marked slots. Its literally easier than most lego sets these days.

• JayleneSlide@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        12 minutes ago

LOL. “I am disinterested in doing [a thing] that I don’t have to do.”

“Hurr hurr, ur pathetic.”

Good fucking christ, this person isn’t into building computers. The opinion expressed is utterly harmless and their personal preference. You are free to build all the computers you want.

Its literally easier than most lego sets these days.
        Oh, yeah, anything can be super easy for people are interested in and experienced with doing that thing.

Building a computer properly is way more than “plugging parts into marked slots,” and your comment is disingenuous at best. RAM timings, socket types, cooling selection, power supply selection, wire routing and dressing, version/generation conflicts, Red vs Blue, will the GPU even fit in this computer case, counterfeit parts… And this is all before the thing is plugged in.

• Nuke_the_whales@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        6 hours ago

I AM NOT INTERESTED!! I don’t want an Ikea version of gaming machine. I have zero desire in doing it.

Which components into what slot? What brand and models? That’s enough for me to avoid it. I don’t want to do it, even if it’s easy

• neonred@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          6 hours ago

Building computers is really like LEGO. Building a bike is more complicated.

Preconfigured computers contain mostly garbage tier hardware components and additionally are way overpriced.

If you are content with that, loss is on you.