• Nougat@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 hours ago

I believe that if you show up to vote, and there’s any issue with your registration, you are entitled to a provisional ballot. Obviously, different states will have different rules, but I think that one is pretty universal.

• Zaktor@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      17 hours ago

I think that already exists, but the ACLU is asking for the state to either register them now or reach out to help them get registered. There’s no one to really order to just let them do what everyone can do.

The idea that either of the former things would invite voting chaos is just completely bullshit and while I expect the Republican defendants to just put out the most nonsensical bullshit ever, I assume this judge (who was appointed by Republicans) must fully in on the political project to actually accept them. They’re claiming that calling up some people who they’ve already identified and have the contact information for to help fix an error is “chaos”.

• nilloc
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        16 hours ago

I or let anyone register on the same day. If the most backwards state in New England can do it, and southern one can too.