As Reddit melts down, users are fleeing to lemmy, kbin, tildes and more.

• levochemist@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I set up an account on Squabbles but I hope Lemmy/Kbin really take off as I would much rather not deal with another company.

• Dick Justice@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Indid too but it hasnt really clicked with me the way Lemmy has. I sppent a little time in there, and its super slick love the UI, seems to hve a lot of active ontact coming up, but it also seemed pretty heavy on memes. I’ll still checknit out some more though. I like trying new stuff

• WhiteTiger@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

It’s super pretty and easy to use compared to kbin/lemmy and I think that alone is going to get it a lot of traffic. Which is great, anything to make it easier for users to leave reddit.

Unfortunately it’s pretty much only cat posts and calls to make sure nobody that’s not part of the reddit hivemind is allowed to exist there.

• Dick Justice@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Yesh… I haven’t dug in a lot tbf, but the default front page at least was a looot of low effort shitposts. To be fair, I did dip in on the day they first got inline pic previews, and everyone was clearly giddy about it.

I want to go back and sub to all my active interests, maybe block a few of the more active cat pic-style communities, and see if I can curate something more personal to my own use. Oh, they have hace a great mobile app too, I think called pulse?

• TerryLeopard@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I was trying out squabbles too. It says it wants to be a mix between twitter and Reddit but it feels much more twitter than Reddit to me.

I never liked Twitter one bit.

• BobQuasit@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

But aren’t Squabbles and Tilde both not federated, and therefore potentially subject to changes or even an IPO by the owners?

• wjrii@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It is not. It is openly a business bet by the dev/admin. I was on it for a bit. It’s not a bad community at all, but honestly most of my subs on Reddit aren’t either.

If I were going to subject myself to the whims of someone’s business plan, then all drama aside, it might as well be Reddit’s, at least until the place actually crumbles.