• WhatTrees@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 hours ago

Is it? Your complaint is that things you disagree with are appearing more frequently, which they do when people upvote them. Sorry most of us have similar feelings about not voting / voting third party, but the only reason you’d call it astroturfing is if you think it’s disingenuous.

• Vailliant@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 hours ago

You dont like voting third party/not voting, yet you would frame me as your opponent…Nice framing. I haven’t said I disagree or agree with it. Not everything is so black and white as you may see it.

All I said was is that I don’t like seeing the same posts appear X times on political Memes every day.

And what I think is disengenious is the way you frame it. To frame my statement as such that I support not voting/ voting third party.

• WhatTrees@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          48 minutes ago

Astroturfing is when there is a disingenuous coordinated campaign with a goal in mind. This post is specifically against not voting or voting third party, and you came here to complain about seeing too many things like this post. If your complaint was about seeing too many voting / politics memes in general, I imagine you would recognize what sub this is and what month it is.

I don’t believe you would be calling an abundance of voting related memes in a political memes sub this close to an election with no goal in mind “astroturfing” unless you didn’t know what the word meant. The obvious implication is that you believe there is a disingenuous coordinated campaign against voting third party or not voting. My point is that there doesn’t have to be. It’s more likely that many people, myself included, agree with the message of the political meme in the politics sub, and probably more than normal since we are so close to the election.