• Kyoyeou (Ki jəʊ juː)@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I can agree that’s why I dont buy more. (And Warhammer is way worst when I looked I didn’t even imagine touching it)

Commander is played by 4 person. Each player has a deck of 100 cards. All 100 cards except lands are different. There is no copy of a card. You also have 1 card with the tag “Legendary” which is outside of the deck and that can be played at anytime. He is your commander. When he comes to die, he doesn’t, and simply goes back to his commander zone, and you can summon him again latter.

Everyone has 40 HP, and the great thing is when there is 4 people, that you talk with other players, and most of the time, better player can help less knowledgeable explain the cards other have and explain why someone is strong, and most often this will create an alliance where, if someone gets way stronger than the 3 others, he is temporarily playing in 3v1 until he is lower than someone else.

It creates a sort of convivial time where people get the time to play what they want, with a but of randomness because on 100 cards you don’t always have exactly what you want, and it’s overall fun, you can play anything, and this cycle of the best vs the 3 others that comes and goes on its own makes it more enjoyable for people of any level.

For exemple I play what is called a Precon. A deck that I bought in a box and I didn’t change too much. For the cost of 40€, and I still had fun with people at my table with decks they paid 100, 200 or a guy that printed all his cards and had a deck worth about 800 to 1000 euro (although he was a competitive douche complaining everyone was always on him, which, yeah that’s the concept, if we don’t you win). Anyway, anyone has his chances and I with my 40€ deck could still win and once I found the game mechanic that I liked, I didn’t have to spend anything more!