• fukhueson@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 hours ago

The Guardian revealed earlier this year how Israel’s intelligence agencies ran a decade-long campaign against the ICC that included threats and attempts to smear senior staff. Against this backdrop, ICC officials close to Khan are strongly hinting the allegations may be part of a smear campaign by Israel.

However, in a months-long investigation into the allegations against Khan, the Guardian has found no evidence that Israel, or any other country, had any involvement in the underlying allegations – although there does appear to have been a subsequent effort by anonymous actors to brief journalists and post leaks online.

• halcyoncmdr@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      19 hours ago

It is awfully convenient that the ICC prosecutor investigating Israel suddenly has these types of allegations to deal with. And no one wants to go on record or identify anyone.

I mean, it’s possible, but come on. Israel has been attacking the ICC in any way they can for even considering investigating their war crimes.

At this point I’m just going to assume anything terrible I hear Israel doing is true until they can prove otherwise, because it has been true so far.

• shoulderoforion@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      19 hours ago

“She never wanted any of this,” one person close to her said. “But the complaint filed against her wishes, followed by Khan’s denials and attempts to suppress the allegations, have forced her into a very difficult position.”

lol