• MHPengwingz@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

The whole thing is actually going to telenovela levels now lol

His mother going on hunger strike to plead with Hermoso to “tell the truth”, what a fucking toxic family.

• Blue and Orange@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

The WC kiss fiasco is more proof that sexual harassment and predatory behaviour amongst people in positions of power is no longer going ignored. The impact of the Weinstein case was far reaching and I hope these sorts of incidents inspire more victims to speak up.

• Astrealix@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Stole this from Twitter, but the last time City won their first 3 games was 2016, and they didn’t win the league.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance.

link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Hope Tierney continues learning how to invert at Sociedad and pulls an Elneny at Arteta, forcing his way back lol

• MHPengwingz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

So in an absolute about face, RFEF is now asking Rubiales to resign. They were legit willing to set everything ablaze for one twat.

link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

you have to wonder when the clubs will demand PGMOL to be better… glad Liverpool won but TAA… if that was Xhaka

• Arsenal4ever@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I would play the team we had last year with Rice instead of Xhaka, and Jesus up top.

White, Gabriel, Saliba, Zinchenko

Rice, Odegaard, Partey

Saka, Jesus, Martinelli

The experiments were fun. Time to go on a run.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Jesus needs to earn his spot in the starting lineup IMO, as does Partey after the past few games at RB being… really quite bad. I know he was out of position but Rice is just better, and I’m not convinced that a Rice-Ødegaard-Partey midfield is offensive enough against a team like Manchester United, nor that we need the defensive solidity that that trio provides. And Nketiah has been really good.

• Arsenal4ever@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

All good points. With an attack of Jesus, Saka, Martinelli, and Odegaard, I think Rice and Partey can turn over the ball higher up the pitch sending our attackers forward. Jesus is our CF, and our team is way better with him. His movement and interplay with Saka and Martinelli made last year so much fun. Eddie is good, but not that good.

I think the gaffer wants Partey on the pitch no matter what, and slotted him at RB to get him on, so there is no way he sits. The question is, will he sit very expensive Havertz?

I watched the most recent Match of the Day and they showed the holes in the Man U midfield. I think Partey and Rice will expose those holes. I also hope this is the game wherein Rice makes the Xhaka runs into the box.

Anyway, it feels good not knowing who the starting XI are and being okay with whoever gets on the pitch.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

I think Jesus is better but he’s had a whole like, 10 minutes so far since the surgery, and he’s not impressed (though it would extremely hard for him to have). Nketiah has consistently impressed, and not really given a reason to be dropped. It would feel harsh for him to be dropped and Imo without good reason (especially considering how Trossard did).

Really hope Partey gets dropped — if you’re saying it’s a meritocracy, you simply can’t have him start. And I’d want to see Zinchenko invert instead of him.

I trust the gaffer though. If he wants to start Tomiyasu at GK I’d let him.