• beeng
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Transfer progress over there on the left will have me puzzled for a while…

• dhtseany@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Everything I use outside of gnome puts the back button in a common spot in the top-left corner of the given window. Why fix what isn’t broken? That’s gonna drive me nuts.

• jacek@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

The new design isn’t here to look pretty […] but to take advantage of the improvements present in Libadwaita 1.4

But what for? Using new features for the sake of using new features?

• narrowide96lochkreis@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Would be nice to have a tasks queue for copy actions and the like, i.e. prevent multiple IO tasks to/from the same drive and instead do them one by one.

• da_am@lemmy.mrrl.me
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I’ll balance this out… Nautilus is the best file manager I’ve used 🙂

While I like Dolphin I always feel like there is too much going on.

Having said that, nautilus should copy the terminal in a tab that dolphin does.

• DarkThoughts@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

It can’t jump to a file or folder by typing, it immediately goes to search, which 80% of the time crashes the entire thing, and it lacks a ton of other very basic features where I’m questioning if people who use it even do anything more than browsing the web with their system.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

The only time Dolphin crashed on me (always) was after a recent fresh installation, which was a bug that just required me to manually create the thumbnail folder. I don’t think that’s even a debatable comparison.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

KDE’s Dolphin I use most. I haven’t used a lot of others recently to really claim it to be my favorite though and I don’t want to form an opinion on any that I used just for a short moment many years ago.