Post what you have read this past week (August 21. - 27.)

• wjs018@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

So, I hope that WNs are also appropriate to be included here as I tend to read WNs more than LNs, but here are a couple I have been catching up on recently in no particular order.

• The Eminence in Shadow: This is the only actual LN on the list (I even have physical copies!) I have been rereading these in preparation for season 2 of the anime coming in October. Based on the pacing of season 1 (20 episodes covering 2 volumes), then the 12-episode season 2 will likely just cover volume 3 with maybe some extra content or expanded fights. They did a great job with anime-only additions in season 1 and several Easter eggs for fans of the original WN in it (that was later changed/removed from the LNs), so I am optimistic for season 2. You can tell that the crew really “gets” the story and has an appreciation for the source material.
    • A Demon Lord’s Tale: Dungeons, Monster Girls, and Heartwarming Bliss: I am not fully caught up on this one, but am a bit past chapter 400. This is one of my favorite recent series and a great entry in the trashy isekai WN genre. I think what makes this one a bit more tolerable than other series where the MC develops a harem is that the romance between the two lead characters (Yuki and Lefi) is really well done. Good action in this one but also a good mix of wholesome family moments SOL style.
    • Konjiki no Moji Tsukai: I believe that I am fully caught up to what has been translated for this WN and I have really enjoyed it. I don’t really foresee any further updates to this series, so it might be one I have to pick up official translations at some point in the future (if they exist, I am not sure) or wait for the manga to catch up to the WN.
    • Level 99 Villainous Daughter: This has been a fun story that features a FMC that is a mix between Bakarina and your typical OP protagonist. It results in a pretty funny story overall that is satisfying. I dropped it shortly after it felt like it reached a good conclusion, but then decided to expand the scope of the story with new Gods and worlds that I felt wasn’t needed. The story reached a natural conclusion with a satisfying romance and everybody lived happily ever after (in my head).
    • NineSwords@lemmy.mlOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

So, I hope that WNs are also appropriate to be included here as I tend to read WNs more than LNs

All good, friend.