Transcription:

[Warning Box]: Failed to upvote, please try again later.

[Video Closed Captions]: My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Original video:

• glimse@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Every video or image ever made could fit this sub if we allow the theme to be this loose. Let’s stick to people trying to do things in stupid ways and failing

• KrisND@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Okay, I’ve taken note and will attempt to do better, please make sure to let me know when I fail. Thank you for the feedback.

• glimse@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

That was the sub’s original theme on reddit but (like a ton of subs that got big) the mods started allowing “close enough” posts and it became indistinguishable from the rest. Pretty much any video posted elsewhere was reposted with a rephrased title. I am hoping Lemmy communities don’t do the same.

My suggestion, if you’re a moderator, is to keep the theme tight. An attempt to dive into a pool but they failed and belly flopped, an attempt to carry 20 grocery bags but one broke and they all fell, etc. Not just pictures/posts of something trying to do something the right way and failing. The post that made me unsubscribe there was “there was an attempt to eat lunch in peace” and a seagull stole their food. Stuff like that does not fit the theme at all.