• snixyz123@lemmy.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Interesting, so windows vs mac os didn’t cause a flame war but Android vs IOS does.

• DJDarren@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Possibly because the cost for entry to macOS is higher than with iOS. Most people are able to run a Windows computer at very little cost, and will never have any interaction with a Mac. Meanwhile, iPhones and Android phones are (broadly) on a par in terms of cost.

I will say though, speaking as someone who’s used Macs since 2007, as much as I’m no fan of how Windows works, I won’t give anyone shit for doing so. But I used to get quite a bit of vitriol for my choice of computer.

• Sr Estegosaurio@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Meanwhile, iPhones and Android phones are (broadly) on a par in terms of cost. This is only true if talking about mid-high end phones (and probably only high-end), you can get really cheap Android phones, incredibly cheaper than Iphones.

• Dadd Volante@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s always interesting to see people turn something as universal as a phone into a competition.

If you’re willing to spend the money, you can make yourself look silly by spending thousands on either one.

Phones have become such a staple of modern existence, it’s about the same as wearing shoes.

Shit. I just realized they turn shoes into that, too

• papalonian@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I was gonna comment that this exact post was made a few days ago with the only difference being Mac vs Windows instead. Seems you’re already aware, and you’re just farming. Nice.