It’s obvious that Reddit as a company has no respect for its users and less than that for the mods. It’s a thankless, difficult job that isn’t even a paid position. I think a lot of us have probably quit real jobs for less bs than Reddit has pulled.

So why stay? Why bother with protests and such when the company has made it clear they don’t value your work or your opinions? Why not just pull out en masse and let the place burn to the ground?

• grue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Using a script that edits/deletes a whole bunch of comments in quick succession is detectable and seems more likely to trigger the admins to restore them. In contrast, a slow series of manual edits might be more likely to go unnoticed and make the information stay gone.

• nahida@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Good point. A script that only archives posts might be a better idea. It could even simultaneously remake those posts here.

• Wolf Link 🐺@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Just copy-pasting everything to lemmy wouldn’t be a good idea in my case. Nearly all of my guides have sources linked that redirect back to reddit posts/guides, and I have to change those links to lemmy content or other sites so reddit doesn’t get any traffic.

If the majority of content of an user is made without extra links, then a program that automatically nukes everything on reddit and simultaneously uploads it here would be a super convenient thing tho.