To be fair I was well rested and since the heatwave is over I didn’t have to fight the environment as much (although it rained and I was properly soaked and heavy).
Also I looked up how to properly move while running yesterday and I realized that I had to include my upper body more into my movements. Using my upper body more is still a thing I have to consciously decide to do but I’m really excited that it’ll soon go into my muscle memory and I’ll naturally move better.

• Hank@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

It’s weird how much pain and pleasure are intertwined with each other. You get a really good understanding of it when you do endurance sports

• davidalso@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I feel like I turned a corner with running some years ago when I was deep in the discomfort of a particularly grueling session and I very reasonably began thinking about being done. It then occurred to me how the anticipation of finishing was what made the actual finish so great. I realized in that moment that the grueling post was in fact the entire point, and how lucky was I to be in the middle of it?