Mi Pad 5 (nabu) exposes strange behavior: when setting 5Ghz wifi to channel 60 or 64 the SSID shows up. Finding, connecting and using the wifi works fine. However when setting 5Ghz to auto-channel in router the channel is set to a channel in the 100+ range resulting in the Xiaomi device no longer showing the SSID.

This seems a common in Xiaomi devices as per:

Since running a custom rom can’t follow steps to report this to Xiaomi, but the reports are for MIUI and the issue is also encountered in ArrrowOS 13.1. https://xiaomiui.net/how-to-report-bugs-on-miui-7934/

• schizoidman@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

My guess is it has something to do with DFS. 2.4ghz is probably congested if you live in an urban environment.

• schizoidman@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

DFS uses part of the 5Ghz frequency. If I am not mistaken China does not allow wifi use in part of the DFS spectrum channel (96-144) so if you set your 5Ghz wifi to those frequencies, your tablet if it is the Chinese market device will not connect to those WiFi Channels. If you bought a global or international version I don’t think you would face this issue.