• blunderworld@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Im all for ditching google, but Microsoft’s approach lately makes me want to ditch them too. I think I’ll get two birds stoned at once and move to Linux with Firefox.

• prole@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Do it! I was sick of the Windows 11 garbage fire, and switched to Linux a couple months ago, and haven’t looked back (I use Arch, BTW) (lol sorry, had to. Actually using EndeavorOS which is based on Arch).

It was an adjustment at first, and it took a week or two to iron out the little kinks and quirks, and learn basic command line stuff. I was also lucky to have a brother who’s been using it for years to help with the install and showing me the basics. But really, Google helped the most.

Anyway I love it. It’s obviously not for everyone, but I’ve always placed a lot of importance on the ability to have complete (or as near to it as possible) control over my device. It takes a little more effort to maintain, but the difference is night and day. Having to use Windows on my work PC is super annoying now.

• MortyMcFry 🇦🇺@aussie.zone
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Bing is still so terrible. Every time I accidentally search in edge I am confused why my search results are so bad.

• k0mprssd@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

i installed win10 in a vm yesterday, opened edge to download librewolf, and not only did i get a notification saying “this file may not be safe! be careful!” but next time i minimized edge there was a floating bing search bar in the middle of the screen. this is getting ridiculous microsoft.

• curiousaur@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I’m becoming so convinced I never want to use windows again. I work on a Mac. I have a windows gaming PC, but since I’ve gotten my steam deck that’s almost all I game on. I think when I build my next gaming rig I’ll switch to Linux.