“Whether you like it, or not, history is on our side. We will bury you,” he said quoting former USSR leader Nikita Khrushchev.

Russian politician Dmitry Medvedev said on Tuesday Russia could have a right to go to war with NATO.

• HamSwagwich@showeq.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

They can’t even fight a small country like Ukraine and they want to test the might of a fully armed and optional Battlestaion NATO alliance? Do they believe that anyone really believes them?

• acargitz@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Ukraine is no small country, either in terms of area or population.

• HamSwagwich@showeq.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Lol what?

Ukraine is tiny. It’s roughly the same size as Texas and has roughly the same population as California. Alaska is larger than Ukraine.

Its the functional equivalent of Russia trying to invade Texas and failing. It’s a massive embarrassment for a former super power that likely can’t ever be recovered from.

I’m going to guess you are European, as I’ve found most Europeans don’t understand the size of countries outside of Europe.

• kartonrealista@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Most countries around the world have a population smaller than California. The US is just really big. Even then, California alone has about 12% of the entire population of the US, the third most populated country.

• acargitz@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

Ukraine is tiny. It’s roughly the same size as Texas.

TIL that Texas is tiny.

Listen buddy, you seem to think that if we say that Ukraine is not a small country, that somehow gives Russia glory or something. That’s silly.

PS. I’m Canadian, if that means anything in this context.

• HamSwagwich@showeq.com
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            10 months ago

Texas IS tiny when you compare it against the size of a country that isn’t in Europe.

As to the rest of your message… I have no idea what you are even trying to say