I absolutely love how many elements this song blends together. Electronic chorus, metal-core verse, power ballad bridge, thrash metal, then just a brutal ending. Chef’s kiss on this one.

What is your favorite metal song that you just can’t share with your non-metal friends?

• Evolone@beehaw.orgM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Hell yes! So happy to find some other metalheads here. I’m sort of “basic”, I guess, in terms of my metal tastes. I haven’t been able to get into any harsh vocals. I can get into Mastodon’s harsh vocals and enjoy some of Gojira and Opeth. But other than that, I’ve never had harsh vocals “click” for me.

So I mainly love and always listen to Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, and Megadeth…NWOBHM stuff mainly. But I want to branch out and get into some newer stuff.

Recently I’ve enjoyed the latest releases from Blood Ceremony, Blood Star and Oozing Wound. Sleep is pretty cool, and I enjoyed Thrice’s newest release.

So I’m interested in finding some new music to check out with you fine folks!