The admin of sh.itjust.works has been approached but as of yet has failed to reply to concerned Lemmy users. I’m glad Beehaw admins look out for us by cutting off instances that host communities like this.

• liminis@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I mean if they start saying outright nazi shit it’s already in the rules there that they get the boot. But one person getting off to themselves making cringe political memes that were old nearly a decade ago is, well, just that.

I guess I just think that it’s a teeny, tiny bit dangerous to make out like this is actually them hosting a community of nazis, when it’s essentially one user – we have no idea how many of the small handful of people subscribed to it share their affiliations, versus how many are subbed just to keep an eye on their bs or even just to downvote their posts (personally I think those people would be wasting their time, but they certainly exist).

What @truckkun@lemm.ee said seemed pretty believable to me:

I think he just wants to give his little pet project Agora a test run to start things up since he just set it up lol.

And I say that because it’s pretty clear already how the community is going to vote on this issue unless there’s an incredibly massive brigading – unlikely given, again, this is one loser – or his tool is terrible.

(Much as I agree it’s unnecessary to get communal consent to nuke what could only develop – at best – into a well of negativity. He should just tell the dweeb to get lost.)

• Truck-kun@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I think that at best he’ll just get bored. I think that what you say is the “at worst”.

• liminis@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

That’s why I’m not really worried either way. Unless they 100% fail to enforce their own rule, the second it goes beyond braindead political shitposting he’s going to be out of there anyway.

Having a rule against bigotry that is entirely ignored would be much more concerning than one wayward fool anyway.