The admin of sh.itjust.works has been approached but as of yet has failed to reply to concerned Lemmy users. I’m glad Beehaw admins look out for us by cutting off instances that host communities like this.

• ZenGrammy@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have to say that I have an account on Lemmy.world because I was there before I found out about Beehaw, and from what’ I’ve seen so far they strictly enforce Ruud’s rules of absolutely no rightwing bullshit. I volunteered to mod for the Reddit community and the rules I was told to focus on were: provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, political affiliation, or other similar characteristic.

I saw someone asking around yesterday about communities that wouldn’t ban them for being a bigot yesterday, and the posters told them to go to 4chan or google it themselves since it seemed they should be able to figure that out. They do have a community called Conservative, but it’s only got a few hundred people in it and the mods still have to follow the rules.

It’s not as curated as the content here, but it’s not the fee for all that Reddit was. I think that conservatives will have a pretty bad time over there.