I remember seeing a wiki awhile ago (possibly on the r/solarpunk subreddit?) that was dedicated to providing people with open source furniture. Primarily they used a laser cutter and cheap plywood for ease of use. The end goal was to create public spaces that were easy to set up in the communities. For the life of me I can’t find the original wiki! I’d love to rediscover it as I’m moving and will finally be able to work on some of the projects. Does anyone know the website that I am talking about?

• John Colagioia@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t think that I’ve stumbled across that, but scraping through my notes on various open source projects, here’s what I can find (other than Opendesk).

• Mozilla’s Open Source Furniture: You’ll need the Internet Archive to snag the ZIP file.
    • The Nell Desk: I don’t know if it ever made it to GitHub as promised, and again, the Internet Archive will get to the media to know what’s going on.
    • Ronen Kadushin’s Open Design: It’s non-commercial-only, if that impacts anything, and not really “furniture,” but I might as well share whatever I have…
    • Apparently, not even the mighty WikiSeat is invulnerable to bit-rot.
    • SketchChair is definitely not a wiki, but generates custom CNC-cut furniture designs.

I also have a reference to something called “Simplified Building Concepts,” but the only reference that I can find is this monster of a blog post giving an overview.

I’d love to see the actually-intended site, though.